There is nothing more comforting than meat and gravy. Impress and awe with this is easy sausage gravy. It has been a long time brunch favorite in our house hold and was one of our first recipes with this sausage mix.
- 1 bag of Spice Heist Moonshiner Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pound ground pork*
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (or water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon white and black pepper mixed**
- Salt to taste
- Biscuits. You can use 1 can of refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grand). Spice Heist Biscuit Recipe coming soon.
1. Preheat oven according to biscuit directions.
2. In a bowl, combine ground meat with contents of spice packet. Add 1/4 cup maple syrup (or cold water). Mix thoroughly with a stand mixer, a spoon, or your bare hand until sticky.
3. Preheat a skillet over medium heat, add sausage mixture and brown, stirring occasionally. Be sure to break up into small crumbles.
4. While sausage is browning, bake biscuits according to directions.
5. Once sausage is brown, add butter and pepper to skillet. Stir until butter has melted.
6. Slowly add flour. Stir continuously until flour has browned.
7. Slowly add milk and bring to low boil, stirring until sauces thickens. Add salt to taste.
8. Cut a warm biscuit in half and ladle gravy over the biscuit.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR!
*You can also use leaner meat like turkey or chicken.
**You can also use all black pepper if you don’t have white handy.
This is a pepper gravy and we like it spicy. But make it how you like it.