This easy recipe puts an Italian spin on the classic pulled pork sandwich. Simple & delicious, it’s a dish you can’t refuse.
- 1 bag Spice Heist Italian Sausage Seasoning
- Pork shoulder (3-4 pounds)
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 white onion, choped
- 2 gloves garlic, choped
- salt, pepper
1. Rinse pork shoulder and pat dry.
2. Pour Spice Heist seasoning packet into a bowl and mix well. Sprinkle seasoning over the pork shoulder and massage it in. Make sure you get a nice even coating covering the entire cut of meat.
3. Pour can of tomatoes into slow cooker with onion, garlic, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Place pork in slow cooker, cover, set to “Low” and let it cook for 6-8 hours, or until the pork shreds easily.
5. Remove shoulder from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks pulling in opposite directions. Return meat to slow cooker, stir well to mix with sauce. Salt to taste.
Make it a sandwich with your choice of bun and toppings like, mozzarella cheese, hot peppers, or cabbage.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR!