- 1/4+1 teaspoon cup good quality olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Pizza dough – make your own dough or a store-bought crust will do
- 1 packet Spice Heist Italian Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pound ground lamb or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 + cup feta cheese
- 4+ ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tomato, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- Optional toppings; black olives, sliced onion, tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, 1 teaspoon oregano and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. This can be done a day in advance but the pizza will be great even if you didn’t plan ahead.
- In a bowl or stand mixer combine 1 pound ground meat, seasoning and egg. Mix until sticky about 2 minutes. The meat can sit overnight before cooking.
- Preheat a large frying pan to medium high and add gyro mixture. Cook gyro, breaking up into small crumbles as it cooks. Fry until brown and remove from heat. You will not need a whole pound of gyro meat. Pull off however much you will need for your pizza and store the rest for gyros later.
- Roll prepared dough out and place on an oiled pan or pizza stone.
- Brush garlic oil over the entire crust.
- Follow with a layer of gyro meat and cheese. Top with sliced tomato.
- Slide pizza into preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cook until cheese is brown.
- Sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR!