Say goodbye to the mystery meat of gyros sandwiches from your local fast food counter. The healthy, fresh flavor of Spice Heist homemade gyros will leave your guests wondering how you did it and begging for seconds.
- 1 bag Spice Heist Gyro Seasoning
- 1 pound ground lamb or turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 pitas
- Toppings to your preference – Tzatziki Sauce, onions, tomatoes, lettuce
1. In a bowl, combine ground meat with seasoning and egg. Mix with a fork until sticky, around 2 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
3. Divide gyro mixture into 4 thin patties. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and flatten with your spatula. Fry another 4/5 minutes or until the thin patties are crisp on the outside.
5. Cut the patties into strips and serve on a pita with your favorite toppings.
HOMEMADE TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 16 ounce plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely dice the cucumber into a paper towel and squeeze to remove moisture. Add cucumber to yogurt along with remaining ingredients. Stir well or blend with a hand mixture.
Enjoy the Flavor!!