- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 bags Spice Heist Chorizo Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 16 ounces peeled tomatoes or 14.5 ounce can peeled tomatoes with juices, pureed
- 16-20 tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 15 ounce can beans with liquid
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cilantro, cheese, green onions, chips
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl toss beef with 2 tablespoons water, 2 spice packets and baking soda. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before cooking.
- In a dutch oven, or other oven proof pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat mixture and brown breaking it up into crumbles, 12 minutes.
- Add chipotle and cumin and cook until fragrant.
- Add two cups water, beans, tomatoes and chips.
- Cover and transfer to oven, cook 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.