- One bag Spice Heist Bratwurst Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pound ground pork**
- 1/4 cold water or beer (We prefer a pale lager like PBR. But you can use your favorite brew.)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Possible mix-ins: onions, diced peppers, cheese crumbles, etc.
- Topping suggestions: sauerkraut, mustard, cheese, caramelized onions, etc.
1. In a bowl, combine ground meat, seasoning, and liquid.
2. Use a stand mixer, fork, or your hands to mix until the meat mixture is sticky.
3. Optional: after mixing, you can fold in any sort of extra flavor you might like to add, possibly diced hot peppers, sweet peppers, onions or high heat cheese crumbles*.
4. Form into 4 equally-sized patties, around 3/4-inch thick. Place on a pre-heated grill or frying pan until cooked through. It should take about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
5. Served on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*If you mix regular cheese into the patty it will melt out while you cook and it will not affect the flavor. You can find high heat cheeses on specialty grocery, grilling or sausage making websites.
**You can use a leaner meat like chicken or turkey. Use 1 egg instead of water or beer.
-Add a little of your favorite wet mustard to the combine liquid for an extra punch