- 1 bag of Banger Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pound ground pork**
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 pounds potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1.5 cups red wine
1. In a bowl, combine ground meat, seasoning and water.
2. Mix with a fork until well blended and meat becomes sticky. About 2 minutes.
3. Form into links or you can leave it as crumbled sausage.
4. Cook in a skillet on med-high heat, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 150 degrees F. Remove from pan and cover.
5. Place onions in skillet with 2 tablespoons butter, cook on medium heat until translucent.
6. Add flour to onions and turn heat to high.
7. Deglaze pan with wine and stir until all liquid evaporates.
8. Create gravy by adding beef stock and stirring until flour is well incorporated. Remove from heat.
9. In a separate sauce pan, heat mashed potatoes with remaining butter and cream.
10. Serve mashed potatoes, smothered in gravy, with a sausage on top.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR!
**You can use a leaner meat like chicken or turkey. Use 1 egg instead of water.