- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup of rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 bag Spice Heist Andouille Sausage Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth.
- 2 cups chopped spinach
Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, cheese, lime juice
1. In a bowl, mix rice, egg, pork and Andouille Seasoning by hand or with a utensil. Form into 1 inch balls.
2. In a pan, warm 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium/high heat.
3. Place meatballs in hot pan, turning as needed until cooked through. Remove meat balls from pan and set aside.
4. In a pot, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add onions, garlic, green peppers, salt and pepper and cook until tender (2-4 minutes).
5. Then add tomatoes, bring to a simmer.
6. Next add broth and spinach and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve meatballs in a bowl and ladle broth over the top.
9. Add cilantro, sour cream, cheese, or other favorite toppings.
Serve ad Enjoy