WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bag of Spice Heist Andouille Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pound ground pork**
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. In a bowl, combine ground meat, seasoning and water.
2. Mix with a fork until well blended and meat becomes sticky. About 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large stock pot, heat onions, celery, red pepper, garlic and butter on low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Turn heat to med-high and add meat, corn and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat.
5. Deglaze pan with wine and stir until all liquid evaporates.
6. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR.
**You can use a leaner meat like chicken or turkey. Use 1 egg instead of combine liquid.