This easy one-pot delight will have your friends and family scraping the plate!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bag Spice Heist Andouille Sausage Seasoning
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 jalapeno, chopped Leave the seeds & ribs out if you don’t want it too spicy.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. In a pot melt butter on medium high heat. Saute chicken until the outside is golden brown.
2. Add onion, tomatoes, yellow pepper and seasoning packet. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add water and turn heat to high. When the water boils add rice and turn heat down to a simmer. Cover stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
4. Add jalapeno and cook another ﬁve minutes or until rice is tender. Add more water if you need to.
5. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and fresh cilantro.
ENJOY THE FLAVOR.